Thursday, December 29, 2011

1" growth in 7 weeks?

I will be 7 weeks post on Friday 31st December and I feel like I am at least 12 weeks post. Tonight I detangled my hair and then took a look at the shedded strands. To my amazement when I looked at the new growth section of my shedded hair, it would appear that I have grown at least 1 inch since I last relaxed on November 12th. I was really taken aback. How could I have grown that much hair?

I know it does not sound extraordinary as the average growth rate is 1/2 inch a month but for me it is a lot. See I am usually a slow grower; I usually average 1 inch every 12 weeks. Therefore an inch in seven weeks is unheard of, for me.

Of late I have been addicted to two things: almonds and carrots. I have been making an effort to eat healthy since August of this year in an attempt to solve my battle with adult acne. While I get at least 5-9 fruits and vegetables a day, I have found myself drawn to two foods which I must have at least once a day. I eat a lot of carrots these days. In fact I eat about one carrot a day. I know it sounds weird to be addicted to a vegetable but I don't feel right if I don't eat my carrots. LOL. I also adore raw almonds and can eat a small bag of them in one sitting.

Could this have contributed to my recent growth spurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.