Monday, January 2, 2012

My favourite moisturiser

There is a product which does not get much love in the online hair community but which is nonetheless a pretty wonderful product. It is the Kids Organics EVOO and Shea Butter Detangling and Moisturising Hair Lotion.

Sometime in 2010 I was on my way to work and happened to run my hand through my hair and was disgusted by how dry my hair felt. It was a shock to me because I had deep conditioned just the night before. I did not want to spend all day in an office with the air conditioning cranked up with already dry hair, so I popped into a drugstore to see if I could find a mineral oil and petrolatum free moisturiser. The only one available was the Kids Organics one, which was a product I had never previously seen. I used it and fell in love with it. It made my hair so soft and shiny without leaving it weighed down or oily. It became my staple for a few months.

I eventually stopped using it because I thought it had stopped working as my hair would still feel dry after using it. I now know that the real problem was my heavy use of cones and the lack of sulphate shampoos to effectively remove them from my hair. I have lately been using the ORS Carrot Oil but my issue with that product is that it weighs down my hair and after the 2nd day of moisturising and sealing, my hair feels so oily.

I decided to give the Kids Organic's product another try and once again I am sold. I love how my hair feels when I use this product. My hair is so silky soft, it is shiny and since the product is so light, I can moisturise and seal twice daily without the fear of weighing my hair down. This product therefore receives two thumbs up and is once again my staple.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water) , Propylene Glycol , PEG-150 Distearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Glycerin , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean) , DMDM Hydantoin , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cyclohexasiloxane , Phenyl Trimethicone , Lanolin Oil , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride , Acrylamide Copolymer , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Stearalkonium Chloride , Fragrance , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa) , Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter) , CI 19140 (Yellow 5) , CI 16035 (Red 40) , CI 42090 (Blue 1) , Hydrolyzed Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean) , Mustela (Mink Oil) , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Tocopherol , Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Tea Tree) , Ovum (Egg Powder) , Lactis Proteinum (Milk Protein) , Mel (Honey) , Silk Amino Acids , Cholesterol , Zea Mays Oil (Corn) , BHT , BHA , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower) , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary) , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Equisetum Hiernale Extract (Horsetail)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.