Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cutting my stretch short

After going back and forth on the whole long stretch thing, I decided to stretch my relaxer to 14 weeks as I really wanted to relax the 3rd or 4th week of February and then in May for my birthday. That plan is not going to work, however, as my friend invited me to her bridal shower and it is next week. I currently look crazy as I have a lot of new growth although I am only 12 weeks post. The reverse roller set does wonders to tame my new growth, but I am at the point where styling my hair is a challenge at this stage. It was easier when my hair was longer but now that I am back to shoulder length, I just have no idea what to do with it when it has this much new growth and it goes pouf!

Today will be my last wash before my relaxer which I might do on either the 9th or 10th of February. My relaxer preparation is quite simple. I have the same regimen except that I use the ORS Hair Mayonnaise to give my hair a bit of extra protein. I will go a week without washing my hair but will moisturise and seal as usual. I like to relax my hair early in the morning and it usually will take me a few hours to complete the entire process. I am excited to see how much length this amount of new growth will translate into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.