Saturday, March 17, 2012

My ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Review

I purchased the ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner yesterday and tested it out today. I have to say I love it. I was really pleased with the results.

My first impression of the product was that it had a distinct banana scent. It's not an overpowering scent but if you are not a fan of the smell of bananas, which is my case, then it can turn you off a bit. That being said you can't really smell it once it is in your hair. I only got the scent because I took a good whiff of it when I emptied the contents into a bowl. In terms of consistency, the product is moderately thick and is very much like a pudding. It's not a liquid as the ORS Replenishing Conditioner.

I mixed my conditioner with my regular amla, coconut and olive oils and what I found strange was that the oils would not mix in thoroughly and seemed to separate if left standing for more than a minute. Given that I am pretty heavy handed when it comes to products and I apply my conditioner like a relaxer, I would have preferred a little bit more product. In any case, I made do with what I had and separated my hair into 10 sections and applied the product to each section, concentrating on my new growth and my ends. After I combed it through with my rake comb. The conditioner had a lot of slip and I really felt like it was just enough to be evenly distributed throughout my hair.

After applying the conditioner, I put a plastic cap on and sat under my hooded dryer for 10 minutes. I didn't wash it out immediately as I had to prepare dinner. When I finally washed it out, it was about 2 hours after I had first applied it.

My hair felt wonderful after I washed out the conditioner. It was soft and felt moisturised but I could still tell that it definitely had protein in it. I cannot truthfully say it helped me with detangling because the way I wash my hair prevents any tangling from occurring. What I can say is that my new growth felt light and fluffy and my comb went through my new growth very easily. I roller set my hair in small rollers and after I took them out, I could definitely say the product
works for my hair. I got the results I wanted; my hair was soft, shiny and bouncy. 


Now would I use it again? I would love to use it again, but the cost is a bit prohibitive for me. It was almost double the price of the ORS Replenishing Pak. If I were to make it a staple in my regimen, I would definitely need to use 1 1/2 packs because at the end I was really scraping the bowl to get the remaining product. I use a light protein once a week so double the price of the Replenishing Conditioner (which I love) doesn't really appeal to me. What I would like to do next week is part my hair down the middle and on one half do the Replenishing Conditioner and on the other, the Nourishing Conditioner and then see which one I prefer. If the Nourishing one wins, then I will put out the extra cash. It's a pity I didn't think of that earlier.


Update: I did a side by side test of the Replenishing Conditioner and the HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner. You can view it here.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I look forward to trying out this condish now. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.