Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quick update and future plans

I cut my hair, well the back of it. I cut off over an inch from the back. I didn't touch the front at all because I am working on growing it out. I hope by December that my hair will look similar to the haircut sported by Alicia Keys. It appears that she has a blunt APL which is something I definitely want.

To get to this point, I need to focus on the front area of my hair which is an area that struggles to retain its length. The back I will keep cutting while the middle and the front grow to catch up. My temple area is finally retaining length. During my last two stretches I was able to see both new growth and relaxed ends, when in the past it would completely break off, leaving only new growth. However, this area is still a weak area and it only about 2-3 inches in length.

I also have a short patch about two inches back, from temple to temple. This has always been a trouble area for me. I cut it recently into side bangs, but never really wore the bangs. I realise that once my new growth starts to show, wearing my bangs was impossible without using direct heat, so I gave up on that idea. I am now growing out that area. This area now reaches to the level of my upper jaw.

In addition to this bang area, I found a short patch of hair on the right hand side which reaches just to the level of bottom of my ear. I don't know where that came from, I must have had some breakage which I failed to notice back in 2011. I don't expect the front section to reach APL by December 2012, by my hope is that it will be SL by December.

The middle of my hair has no problem spots and when brushed back is about an inch past SL. I will keep trimming the back with each texlaxer until the middle area grows out and reaches APL. I believe this will help with the thickness of my hair. I know I can grow the middle out to APL by December. The back is still a few inches longer than the rest of my hair. I am not too keen on cutting any more until I get a bit more growth.

Once I even everything out, I will then focus my attention on reaching BSL and beyond in 2013.

4 comments:

  1. I love that photo of Alicia's hair and can relate to you working to reach that goal of APL all around - I'm on a similar mission! I'm sure you will get there soon! HHG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's gonna take a while to sort out the problem areas but I hope it will all fall in place this year.

      Delete
  2. The back of my head in the centre has been a problem for me for a while now, no matter how many times I cut my hair that part will not grow out with the rest, that part is always short when I comb my hair back. I really need to get serious with that spot, take some affirmative action! lol..Having a uniformed length throughout makes hair look a lot fuller and healthier, which is what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh ... I was talking to a coworker about this very topic this morning. For years I wore my hair in layers, so the front has some catching up to do with the back. Also, my back grows faster. At this point, I am just letting it grow as it pleases ... I will even things out when it gets a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.