Sunday, September 23, 2012

Continuing my love affair with Nexxus

I started using a Nexxus shampoo and conditioner a few months ago and fell in love. I love the Nexxus Humectress Shampoo and the Nexxus Botanical Shampoo.

On Friday I went to replenish my hair care products stock and came across the Nexxus Headress Thickening Leave-in Volumizer Conditioner. I was immediately interested when I saw the 1st ingredient was water and the 2nd was panthenol. Panthenol or Vitamin B5 has been proven to increase the size of hair strands by 5-10%. It also increases the ability of the hair strand to hold water. I know I have read many ladies say their hair thickened while using S-Curl which also has panthenol. I tried S-Curl in the early days of my hair journey and even revisited it earlier this year, but it leaves my hair with a film and so, no matter how I try, I just cannot love S-Curl.

I used this leave-in last night as my leave-in after washing and my moisturiser this morning. I absolutely love it. I will keep using this product for the next month and see how it goes. At this rate, I may be saying goodbye to Organic Root Stimulator as my main love and going Nexxus all the way.

The other Nexxus products I would like to try (and probably will order online) are:

Therappe Luxurious Moisturising Shampoo
Humectress Hydrating Treatment Deep Conditioner
Humectress Luxe Moisturising Leave-In Spray
Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor


2 comments:

  1. You caught my attention when you said the Nexxus will replace your ORS. I've wanted to try the Humectress conditioner for a while and now I'm motivated to buy it! I hope it will work as well for my new growth at 8 weeks post as it did for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the Sally's GVP version and loved it so I'm going to buy the real thing. My mom used to use Nexxus and I'd forgotten how great it is.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.